Elements


I can run like water,
My presence a sweet rush,
Falls clinging to wet rocks
Little birds and bright fish swimming in and out.
Harmonious.

I can be as earth,
Softly sinking in
Warm. Enveloping.
Smooth tunnels, air currents moist and fragrant,
Leading you to previously unknown depths,
 A hidden cavern full of stone teeth and jewels.
Enchanting.

I can burn like fire,
My words stir you up as I cook,
Mixing emotions and similes,
Pain, memories and alliteration,
Sending you on a sweetly inspired surrender,
Luminous.


I can flow like air,
Take me in, breathe deep,
Fill your lungs on my smoky passion.
Release all misgivings. All tightness, all stress.
Let me infuse your soul with my lavender tones,
Eucalyptus stories, lemon lights.
Fragrant.



                                                                                    Drink my harmonies, let my earthly magic work,
                                                                                    Allow me to light you up, and then rest,
                                                                                    While the lingering scent sensations fade.









      And ask yourself,
What took me so long?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An open letter from a suicide survivor

Breaking Bullies

The Garden